Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2017

What's my mindset?



My nephew is currently reading a book called the Mindset:  The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D.  as his summer reading project so I thought I would read the book along with him.  The book describes the two different mindsets - the growth mindset and the fixed mindset.  Individuals with a growth mindset seek to learn from challenges and obstacles they encounter which leads to greater success, whereas the individuals with the fixed mindset believe intelligence is fixed and do not seek to learn from mistakes causing them to remain stagnant.  It's an interesting read filled with many anecdotals.  I find myself somewhere in between - I often seek to learn from my own mistakes, but I can be very hard on myself and will, at times, believe the mistakes are due to my own inabilities which are fixed.  I guess the book would probably fall under the theme of self-help, which usually isn't within my set of literary interests, but I am willing to try anything new.

On another note, Ali Edwards has posted travel related digital stamps on Pinterest.  I created the following picture using Day 1 of the digital stamps.



I don't wander often, but I do wonder always.  My challenge will be to seek to combine the two and I look forward to the outcome of such a challenge.   My goal will be to take more risks and overcome more challenges

Crafty Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment